These are the Handouts from the January 29, 2014 Seminar held at Hopland Research and Extension Center.
- Weather-Related Sales of Livestock
- Use of Alternative feedstuffs in your Beef Operation
- USDA and FSA Microloans
- Tax Options for Drought Sales of Livestock
- Mitigating Drought on California Rangeland
- Livestock Management During Drought
- Limit Feeding Concentrate Diets to Cows
- Estimating the Cost of Replacing Forage Losses on Annual Rangeland
- Drought-Related Poisoning and Nutritional Risks to Cattle
- Drought Management Tips for Ranchers
- Drought Management Strategies for Beef Cattle
- Drought Feeding and Management of Sheep
- Drought Feeding and Management of Beef Cattle
- Drought Feeding and Management For Horses
- Drought Economics
- Determining Drought on Californias Mediterranean-Type Rangelands
- A Drought-Planning Methodology for Ranchers in the Great Plains
2014 Drought Relief for Farmers and Ranchers
Here are the YouTube videos from the January 29th, 2014 Drought Workshop
The following PowerPoint presentations are from the October 2nd, 2014 Impacts of Drought on Livestock workshop held at the Hopland Research and Extension Center.
- State of the Drought in California - Faith Kearns, Ph.D., CIWR
- UC Drought Resources Online - Faith Kearns, Ph.D., CIWR
- Groundwater Hydrology - Samuel Sandoval, Ph.D., C.E. Specialist
- Our Drought Strategy - Dan Macon, Flying Mule Farm
- What to Do Should it Rain - John M. Harper, UCCE Livestock and Range Advisor
Handouts from the October 2nd, 2014 Impacts of Drought on Livestock workshop:
- 2012/2013 grass planting trials in California
- Strategies for controlling medusahead, barb goatgrass, and yellow starthistle
- Barb Goatgrass- UC Publication 8315
- The Ecology and Management of Medusahead & Barb Goatgrass on California Rangeland
- Sediment Delivery Inventory and Monitoring- UC Publication 8014
- Livestock-Poisoning Plants of California- UC Publication 8398
- Medusahead Management Guide for the Western States
Videos from the November 7th, 2014 Ranching and California's Drought Workshop and Webcast, hosted by the Rangeland Watershed Laboratory.
- This webcast brought the staff of the US Drought Monitor and the California State Climatologist to UC Davis to discuss the production of the Drought Monitor and predictions for next year.
CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION/LINKS ABOUT LIVESTOCK AND DROUGHT!!!