Rachel B. Elkins
Pomology Farm Advisor in Lake and Mendocino Counties and Master Gardener Advisor in Lake CountyUC Cooperative Extension
883 Lakeport Boulevard
Lakeport, CA 95453
Rachel B. Elkins, Pomology Farm Advisor, Lake and Mendocino Counties. B.A. in International Studies (Asian Studies), University of the Pacific, Stockton (1978), B.S. in Agricultural Pest Management from University of California, Berkeley (1981), M.S. in Plant Protection and Pest Management from UC Davis (1985), and M.S. in Horticulture (Pomology), U.C. Davis (1989). Crop responsibilities include European pears, walnuts, apples, olives and other commercial fruit and nut crops, as well as the Master Gardener Program in Lake County.
M.S. Horticulture, UC Davis. 1989
M.S. Plant Protection & Pest Management, UC Davis. 1985
B.S. Agricultural Pest Management, UC Berkeley. 1981
B.A. International Studies, University of the Pacific. 1978
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plant Commodities and Products
- Fruit and Nut Crop
- Fruit and Nut Crop - General
- Fruit Crops - General
- Tree Fruits - General
- Deciduous Tree Fruits - General
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Management Systems
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Master Gardeners
- Apple and Pear Scab: Pest Notes for Home and Landscape
- Budding, Grafting, and Planting Walnut Trees in the Field
- Facts about Serpentine Rock and Soil Containing Asbestos in...
- How to Attract and Maintain Pollinators in Your Garden
- Integrated Pest Management for Apples and Pears, 2nd Edition
- Kiwifruit Growing and Handling
- Native and Naturalized Plants for the Home Garden in...
- Pear Production and Handling Manual
- Pear: UC IPM Pest Management Guidelines
- Reducing Runoff from Irrigated Lands: Erodibility of...
- Reducing Runoff from Irrigated Lands: Orchard Floor...
- Reducing Runoff from Irrigated Lands: Understanding Your...
- Trees and Shrubs for Northern California Serpentine...
- UC IPM Pest Management Guidelines
- WALNUT ORCHARD MANAGEMENT.1985
- Walnut Production Manual
- Walnut: UC IPM Pest Management Guidelines
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Soil suitability index identifies potential areas for groundwater banking on agricultural lands
- Mass releases of Trichogramma wasps can reduce damage from codling moth
- Management of navel orangeworm and ants
- Plant composition of orchard floors
ANR Workgroup Associations
- European Pear - Chair
- Agriculture and Nature Tourism - Member
- Building Food Security - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Small Farm - Member
- Urban Horticulture - Member
- Walnut - Member