Community Education Specialist 2Cooperative Extension Kern County
1031 South Mount Vernon Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93307
- Climate-Smart Agriculture incentives
- UCANR NOS Podcast - una conversacion con Maria Ridoutt
Maria works at the University of California Cooperative Extension office in Bakersfield, as a climate-smart agriculture specialist.
She provides technical assistance to farmers from Kern, Kings and Tulare counties to facilitate access to state funding. Part of her job also involves conducting outreach on climate-smart agriculture and creating educational materials for farmers in English and Spanish.
She received her degree in Environmental Engineering (B.S.) from Agraria La Molina University in Peru and has done research on the reuse of wastewater in Yamagata University in Japan.
DisciplineClimate Change Science
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Community Development
- Closing the Loop: Sustainable Waste Management in Agriculture
- Responding To Climate Change
ANR Workgroup Associations
- UAS (Drones) Workgroup - Member