Livestock and Natural Resource Management
The Livestock and Natural Resource Management Program focuses on efforts to keep livestock and rangeland itself healthy and productive. The program assists landowners through problem-solving research and by providing science based information that promotes good stewardship and sustainability.
- If you can't find the Livestock or Range information you're looking for here, please visit the Livestock and Natural Resources webpages at the link below:
UCCE Livestock and Natural Resources
- Meat Industry Capacity and Feasibility Study of the North Coast Region of California - Printed copies are available from the Mendocino County Economic Development and Finance Corporation (MCEDFC) at a cost of $20. The full plans and technical specifications for the facility are also available from MCEDFC at a cost of $100.
- QA Tax Option for Drought Sales of Livestock
- Scrapie for LFA newsletter-June08_
Here is a link to the Brand Inspector Directory. You will find it on the Branch Info section of of the CDFA Bureau of Livestock Identification page.
- 2007 CENSUS of AGRICULTURE
- Development of Vegetation and Aquatic Habitat in Restored Riparian Sites of California's North Coast Rangelands
- Soil Carbon Sequestration in US Rangelands
- USDA Inspected Red Meat Slaughter Plants in CA
- Custom-Exempt (not USDA-Inspected) Red Meat Slaughter Plants
- Poultry Processing Plants
Animal ID Workshop Handouts
Animal ID Workshop Handouts
John's Social Media
@UCDRange @OfficialBlueyTV @peppapig Just don’t let them watch Swedish television as they will have difficulty with… https://t.co/UbuBWAJ0NO Posted 1 day ago
@flyingmulefarm Fingers crossed for good news! Posted 23 days ago
@UCDRange Awesome!! Posted 56 days ago
Wild Pig Survey
Opportunity to Support the US Sheep Shearing Team at the Golden Shears World Championships
Support the American Shearing Team Producers looking to support the American team headed to the Golden Shears World Championships next month in Scotland can do so by purchasing a Team USA T-shirt or hoodie offered through American Hero...
Commercial Ranchers in Mendocino and Lake Reminder
I wanted to make sure you saw the final reminder for the climate-smart ag survey from UC Rangelands below. We want to make sure commercial-scale producers are well-represented in the responses. Please click bit.ly/rangeland23 to take the...
USDA New Grants for Local Meat Processing
USDA Announces Grants to Expand Meat Processing The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced this week the availability of up to $125 million through two new grant programs that will create more options for meat and poultry...
UCCE Week-Long Sheep Shearing School is Back in 2023!!!
After two years of Covid restrictions, I'm happy to say that I'll be doing our very popular week-long shearing school. The dates are March 20th through 24th, 2023. It will be located once again at the Twinning Barn near Ukiah. We will limit the...
New Organic Livestock Rules Proposed
For producers doing organic livestock: USDA/AMS Proposing New Organic Livestock Regulations The United States Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Marketing Service proposes to amend the organic livestock and poultry production...